Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Farewell, February 2016!



February came and went in a flash.
I guess that’s how fast time flies.
That’s how fast we see our children grow and start feeling the sneaky little signs of aging (grrr).
For me, February 2016 was all about staying home (and my parents were right here to help in any possible way...they're the best), satisfying cravings, working on small projects and completing the baby’s nursery, even though the baby will probably not sleep in his room until we start sleep training, several months down the line!
Valentine’s Day was fun. I made some Conversation Heart Mini-Cheesecakes and celebrated low-key with my husband, son and parents. 
At this point, I am BEYOND pregnant.
I can’t even walk from the backyard to the kitchen without feeling tired.
I am exhausted and ready to meet Baby Toby.
He’s supposed to arrive one week from tomorrow, God willing.
My last day of work is Friday and then I’ll be off to Mommyland for a few months.
Once I get over the hormone deal and sleepless nights, I will share tidbits of my birth experience and other mommy blogger projects scheduled for the spring!
For now, here are some snapshots of life in February.

Thanks for reading!


My husband has been so helpful during this last month of pregnancy. He has taken care of Benny like no other, cooked for us, made us laugh, cleaned the house and even managed to have an art workshop at home to teach us how to use charcoal for prints!


Paul's mixed media piece titled: "Ashes"



By now, I'm sure you can tell that we went with an animal theme for Toby's nursery.

Food cravings-- On a recent steakhouse outing, I sat down, looked at the menu and couldn't convince myself to eat steak! Even though it was me who had requested steak for dinner, I couldn't have any. Instead, I went for asparagus and a stuffed potato...go figure! Below: February cravings, including: strawberries & cream, delicious homemade lasagna from my mother-in-law, one pound of my favorite Sees Candies chocolate: Apricot Delights, Walnut Squares and Toffee-Ettes. Not shown: Pineapple juice and chips and salsa...LOL



Made some papel picado streamers for a blog post coming up this spring!

En español
¡Hasta pronto, febrero!
Febrero llegó y se fue en un instante.
Supongo que así es como se pasa la vida tan rápido.
Así de rápido vemos a nuestros hijos crecer y comenzamos a sentirse las señales del envejecimiento (que coraje!).
Para mí febrero del 2016 fue de quedarme en casa, satisfacer los antojos, trabajar en proyectos pequeños y completar la recámara del bebé, a pesar de que el bebé probablemente no dormirá en su habitación hasta que empecemos a entrenarlo a dormir solito!
El día del amor y la amistad fue muy sencillo. Hice unos postres con forma de corazón y celebramos en casa con mi marido, mi hijo y mis papás.
En este punto, estoy DEMASIADO embarazada.
Ni siquiera puedo caminar del patio a la cocina sin sentirme cansadísima.
Me la paso súper agotada y ya muy lista para que nazca Toby.
Primeramente Dios, llegará de mañana en ocho días.
Mi último día de trabajo es el viernes y parto para Mamilandia durante varios meses.
Una vez que tenga recupere la estabilización de las hormonas y me acostumbre al nuevo horario de noches sin dormir, les compartiré mi experiencia del parto y otros proyectos que tengo programados para esta primavera con un niño y un recién nacido en casa!
Por ahora, aquí hay algunas fotos de febrero.

¡Gracias por leer!

No comments: