Monday, April 13, 2015

Enjoying Raspados Again Thanks to the New Colgate Sensitive Toothbrush and Sensitivity Pen!

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SensitiveSmiles #CollectiveBias


One thing I concluded a couple years ago after my first teeth-whitening experience at the dentists’ office was that it would probably be the last time I ever did that.
About 4 minutes into the 30-minute procedure, I started getting awful pain and sensitivity on my teeth. The flashes of pain seemed to shoot up to my face!
I didn’t complain at first because who doesn’t want a fresh set of pearly whites, right?
But right around minute 13 of that painful, painful procedure I quickly signaled the dental assistant to turn off the machine and get me out of there.

The infamous teeth-whitening experience that changed everything in 2013...and yes I took a selfie before I knew what was coming!
I was bummed out because stopping the procedure almost halfway through the end meant I wouldn’t be getting my money back and my teeth wouldn’t reach the desired shade.
Worst of all was something I hadn’t accounted for— my teeth were in a major state of sensitivity. Even a little cold breeze was painful, let alone the possibility of enjoying a yummy Raspado (shaved ice treat)!


Since then, I’ve tried several other teeth-whitening methods. I’ve pretty much come to terms with the fact that I’ll never have a super bright smile but one thing that continued bothering me was having such sensitive teeth…It’s hard to enjoy anything cold OR hot!
So you can imagine how excited I got last week while I was shopping at Ralph’s and found something that promised to offer my teeth some relief in the oral care aisle:

You'll find the Colgate Sensitive Toothbrush and Sensitivity Pen alongside other Colgate products. The bright blue packaging sets it apart (see top right corner).
It’s a new product and it’s neatly packaged in an aqua blue plastic box.
I bought it and after trying it for several days, I can honestly say… it works!!!
The toothbrush has ultra-soft bristles (perfect for someone with sensitive teeth).
The Actis Enamel Pen blocks sensitivity at the source of pain.
Simply: Brush, Apply, Go.
And that’s exactly what I did over the weekend. I used the brush and sensitivity pen for three days in a row and by Sunday, I headed out to a Raspado shop near my house.
My Raspado was delicious and the experience of eating it, painless!
Basically, the gel from the pen has a formula (something called Pro-Argin™ technology)
that builds a barrier so teeth are less prone to sensitivity and it offers long-lasting relief with continued use.
Not to mention, many Kroger banner stores (like Ralph’s and Foods Co.) may offer digital coupons for the Colgate Sensitive Toothbrush and Sensitivity Pen. Make sure you check the store’s website before heading off to buy the set.
Now off to my next Raspado!!
Do you suffer teeth sensitivity? What cold treat do you avoid to spare your teeth the pain and discomfort? Remember, there's always Colgate Sensitive Toothbrush and Sensitivity Pen!


After brushing teeth, use the Sensitivity Pen to apply the gel that will give your teeth some much needed relief.
So excited to enjoy a Raspado with my Benny. My teeth handled it just fine!



En español

Algo que concluí hace un par de años después de mi primera experiencia blanqueando los dientes en el consultorio del dentista fue que probablemente sería la primera y última vez que me hacía eso.
Apenas llevaba unos cuatro minutos en el procedimiento de media hora, cuando empecé a sentir un dolor terrible y muchísima sensibilidad en los dientes. El dolor parecía disparar hasta los nervios de la cara!
No me quejé al principio, porque ¿quién no quiere tener dientes blancos, blancos?
Pero como al minuto 13 de dicho procedimiento doloroso, rápidamente le hice señas a la asistente dental para que apagara la máquina y me sacara de allí.
Me fastidió mucho porque parar el procedimiento casi a la mitad significaba que no me reembolsarían el costo y mis dientes no lograrían el color deseado.
Lo peor de todo fue algo que no había considerado…que mis dientes estaban en un estado de mucha sensibilidad. Incluso un poco de brisa fría me afectaba, y menos podía imaginarme disfrutar de un delicioso Raspado.
Desde entonces, he probado varios otros métodos de blanqueamiento de dientes. Ya hasta me convencí que nunca tendré una sonrisa blanquísima pero una cosa que me seguía molestando era la cuestión de los dientes sensibles... Es difícil disfrutar de comidas frías o calientes!
Así que podrán imaginar lo emocionada que me sentí la semana pasada mientras estaba de compras en el supermercado Ralph’s y encontré en el pasillo de cuidado oral algo que prometía alivio a mis dientes sensibles:
Es un producto nuevo y está perfectamente empaquetado en una cajita de plástico azul turquesa.
Lo compré y después de probarlo durante varios días, puedo decirles honestamente que ¡sí funciona!
El cepillo de dientes esta hecho de hebritas ultra-suaves (perfecto para alguien con dientes sensibles).
El esmalte Actis le la pluma bloquea la sensibilidad en la fuente del dolor.
Simplemente: A Cepillar, Aplicar y listo!
Y eso fue exactamente lo que hice el fin de semana. Utilicé el producto durante tres días seguidos y para el domingo, me dirigí a comprarme un Raspado cerca de la casa.
Mi Raspado estuvo delicioso y la experiencia de comerlo fue una sin dolor!
Básicamente, el gel de la pluma tiene una fórmula que crea una barrera para los dientes que los hace menos propensos a la sensibilidad y ofrece alivio de larga duración si se una continuamente.
Es definitivamente, el camino a seguir si tiene problemas de sensibilidad de los dientes.
Y no se diga, muchas tiendas de la cadena Kroger (como Ralph’s y Foods Co.) ofrecen cupones digitales para el cepillo de dientes Colgate Sensitive & Sensibility Pen. Asegúrese de consultar el sitio web de la tienda antes de ir a comprarlo.
Y ahora sí, ¡a disfrutar de otro raspado!


1 comment:

Kara said...

Benny is such a cutie! So happy that Colgate's Sensitive Toothbrush and Sensitivity Pen has helped you! #client