Thursday, July 13, 2017

Do Tell, Anabel! Gets an Awesome Shout-Out!

Exciting & Unexpected!

Toby and I at a recent "Mommy & Me" Swim Lesson hosted by Olivia+Ocean for mommy bloggers & influencers.

Friends, I haven't been nearly as active on my blog as a dedicated and committed blogger should be.
I've been super busy with work, the kids, the Disney Parks Moms Panel, and my new venture, www.MommyInLosAngeles.com
It's a project I've launched with my sisters and we're very excited to see where it goes. It's basically an online magazine for moms and mostly about LA Moms. We will have a single yearly print edition and a big launch party next year.
Our slogan is "Every Mom Has a Story" and we promote it as a magazine that covers "the movers, shakers, doers & makers, the real LA celebrities: The Moms!" This is our logo:
Needless to say, in the middle of all the madness, I was pleasantly shocked when I recently received a blogger recognition from Care.com, a support network for families that offers resources for parents and children.
They listed this blog, Do Tell, Anabel!, as one of the "Best Five Los Angeles Mommy Blogs You Need to Read Now".

I was ecstatic!
Los Angeles is a huge city, with a ginormous pool of mommy bloggers so to have someone actually read through many of them and decide my lil' ol' blog is worthy of such recognition is a big honor! As a result, I've developed a newfound drive to continue blogging and sharing personal stories about my life and motherhood in Los Angeles (with occasional brand collaborations). Thanks, Care.com!

On a separate note, I'm sharing a few other personal updates: My husband and I recently celebrated our 10-year wedding anniversary in Vegas! It was a simple little getaway where we enjoyed each other's company and vowed to make the next 10 years even better...Awww.


Benny and Toby continue getting bigger and giving me plenty to laugh about. My sons are my daily dose of inspiration and the two "traviesos" (Spanish for brats), have the cutest brotherly love/hate relationship ever! Most recently, my dad tried dressing them as young boys completing the pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela in Spain (read all about this pilgrimage here). They wore the traditional pilgrimage hats decorated with a shell, blue t-shirts and even had a walking stick equipped with a miniature gourd which is commonly used as a water container. It was all too hilarious because they were completely uncooperative when it came to smiling at the camera...and the only thing abuelo wanted was to have a single shot of the three smiling!


 Thanks for reading friends!
Please reach out if you have thoughts, ideas, comments.
And check out www.MommyInLosAngeles.com for stories on inspiring LA Mommies!

No comments: