Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A great career move; a difficult mommy move

At this particular moment, I am juggling between typing this entry, feeding Benny Spaghetti with peas and blowing bubbles to keep him entertained.
We are hanging out in my living room, about a mile away from the White House.
We just got back from visiting the Museum of Natural History and visiting the Abraham Lincoln Memorial.
It's hot and humid outside but the weather is a reminder that this incredible experience is only temporary.
I moved to Washington DC for the summer, for work.

It's a great career opportunity, and one that my husband supported whole-heartedly.
But it was difficult leaving Benny behind.
Fortunately, he's here with me now-- and whaddaya know? I'm happy and joyous and inspired to blog again! It's like if having my little boy breaks me out of my "focus/work mode" and back to my multi-tasking mommy mode.
I've taken quite a long break from blogging, especially since I was posting on a daily basis before my move.
During the time I've been absent from "Do Tell, Anabel", I've traveled to Mexico, moved to DC and visited four countries in Europe, with the highlight being Switzerland, where my littler sister got married. 
So yeah, I have tons of material to share.
And this is my re-entry post, kinda' like a let's-see-how-I-feel-writing-again post.
And I think I'm feelin' it again.
So...check back daily for stories and tips on how to keep sane with work, travel, mommy duties and long-distance travels.
Cheers!


Hi, Mr. President!

Hello, Mr. President!

Bye, Mr. President!

En espanol

En este momento, estoy haciendo malabares con la escritura de esta entrada, la alimentación de Benny (comiendo espaguetis con chicharos) y el soplo de burbujas para entretener a mi hijito.
Estamos pasando el rato en la sala de mi departamento, a una milla de distancia de la Casa Blanca.
Acabamos de regresar del Museo de Historia Natural y de visitar el monumento de Abraham Lincoln.
Está caliente y húmedo fuera, pero el clima es un recordatorio de que esta increíble experiencia es sólo temporal.
Me mudé a Washington DC para el verano, por medio del trabajo.
Es una gran oportunidad en mi carrera, y más que mi marido me apoya de todo corazón.
Pero fue difícil dejar a Benny.
Afortunadamente, él está aquí conmigo ahora - y ¿a que no saben qué? ¡Estoy contenta y feliz e inspirada por regresar al blog! Es como si tener aquí a mi hijo pequeño me escapa de mi enfoque laboral y me regresa a mi estado de “mami multitareas”.
Me he tomado un largo descanso del blog, sobre todo porque ya estaba publicando a diario antes de mi mudanza.
Durante el tiempo que he estado ausente de "Do Tell, Anabel", he viajado a México, me trasladé a Washington DC y visité cuatro países en Europa, con el punto culminante en Suiza, donde mi hermana menor, se casó.
Así que tengo muchísimo material para compartir.
Y este es mi post de reingreso, como para ver cómo se siente regresar a la computadora de noche.
Y creo que será bastante refrescante volver a escribir diariamente.
Así que regresen seguido para leer historias y consejos sobre cómo mantener una mente sana con el trabajo, los viajes, las obligaciones de mamá y esposa y los viajes de larga distancia.

¡Salud!


No comments: