Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Finishing the Dumbo Double Dare 2014

A Sunday selfie, right before starting the half marathon

I ran a total of 19.3 miles in two days and became a “Dumbo Double Dare” finisher during the Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend in Anaheim, CA.
It was a fun and exciting experience and I’m very glad I trained and pushed myself, although I swore I’d take a long break from running after this!
I purchased my registration for the races back in January. 
On the day registration opened, I logged in and purchased the Dumbo Double Dare package for $320. Two hours later, it was completely sold out.
That’s when I realized how much people love to “RunDisney”.
A total of fifteen thousand runners lined up on race day, ready to put their bodies through a serious endurance test, all in the name of a Disneyland Medal.
Yeah, it was madness.
But do I recommend it? Absolutely.
Whether your motivation is to visit Mickey’s House & see the parade float warehouses and horse stables or simply because you want to get in shape and culminate your efforts at the happiest place on earth, it’s worth it.
After all, divide up $320 in eight months and that’s an average of $40 a month, which is easily spent on things like candy and take-out.
Here are my iPhone pictures of the half-marathon!


15,000 runners participated in the 2014 Disneyland Half Marathon

Dumbo the Flying Elephant was in full operation mode to motivate runners
Runners constantly stopped to take pictures in front of beautiful Disney backdrops
Around Mile 8 we ended up at the Angels Stadium, welcomed by cheering crowds



Many dressed in Dumbo-themed outfits
Performances along the way pumped my spirit and kept me going!
The best finish line greeter there ever was!


En español

Corrí un total de 19.3 millas en dos días y por ende, terminé el  "Dumbo Double Dare" (competencia de dos carreras consecutivas) durante el fin de semana del medio maratón en Disneylandia en la ciudad de Anaheim, California.
Fue una experiencia divertida y emocionante, y estoy contenta de haber entrenado y participado, aunque juré que tomaría un largo descanso de correr después del evento!
Compré mi inscripción para las carreras en enero de 2014.
El día que abrió la inscripción, entré al sitio web y compré mi registro para las carreras que me costó $320.
Dos horas más despues, ya estaba a capacidad el cupo para inscripciones.
Fue entonces cuando me di cuenta lo mucho que a la gente le gusta correr en Disney.
Imagínense un total de quince mil corredores alineados en la madrugada de la carrera, dispuestos a poner sus cuerpos a prueba de resistencia, y todo a nombre de una medalla de Disneylandia.
Sí, una locura, lo sé.
Pero si me preguntan que si lo recomiendo ¡Les diría que absolutamente!
Ya sea porque quieren correr por la casa de Mickey y ver las bodegas donde almacenan las carrozas de los desfiles o bien porque quieren  ponerse en forma y culminar sus esfuerzos en el lugar más feliz del mundo, este evento vale la pena.
Después de todo, si dividimos los $320 entre los 8 meses que separaron la fecha del registro a la carrera, resulta en un promedio de $40 al mes, lo cual fácilmente gastamos en cosas como dulces y comida rápida.
Aquí les comparto las fotos de la carrera que tomé con mi teléfono móvil.

No comments: