Saturday, May 9, 2015

$3 for 3 hours of bowling fun!!




Benny is quite a chatterbox and is learning how to express his feelings fairly well.
He can count to twelve.
He can name most body parts.
But he can’t figure out colors!
I share this because I made a trip to Lakeshore Learning Store (the nearest one is in Pasadena—we need more Lakeshores throughout L.A. County!) to look for some type of learning activity that would allow me to teach Benny that a red fire engine is not green and a yellow banana is not blue.
I bought a really cool activity set (which I’ll share later).
While I was there though, I also bought this $3.00 bowling set because it looked so adorable!
Last night, as Benny and I tried figuring out what to do for our Friday night mommy date, I found a small cardboard box around the house and it occurred to me to create a miniature bowling alley for Benny and I to play.



Benny was involved in every step of the project!
It’s a simple activity that any child would love, since there’s apparently a magical feeling that comes with rolling a little rubber ball and knocking down tiny bowling pins…Benny wanted to play all night!!
From the time we started painting to the time we played the last round, we spent an entire evening at home, er, at the bowling alley enjoying laughs and excitement!
Have a great weekend, friends!


I found a small cardboard box at home but a shoe box would have worked just fine :)


I personalized the game by adding foam stickers purchased a while back at the dollar store

And we're about to begin. The bowling set itself has small parts. It's actually intended for kids ages 5 and older, but Benny doesn't put things in his mouth anymore and I closely supervised the game at all times.

I cut strips of glitter paper to serve as the bowling lanes

Let the games begin! Benny was so close to the pins and missed all of them here! LOL

Scoring was cause for a celebration!






En español

Benny ya dice muchas palabras y está aprendiendo a expresar sus sentimientos bastante bien.
Él puede contar hasta doce.
Puede nombrar la mayoría de las partes del cuerpo.
Pero mi niño no puede identificar ningún color!
Comparto esto porque hice un viaje a la tienda Lakeshore Learning (la más cercana está en Pasadena, necesitamos más Lakeshores a través del condado!). Fui para buscar algún tipo de actividad de aprendizaje que me permitiera enseñar a Benny que un camión de bomberos rojo es no es de color verde y que un plátano amarillo no es azul.
Compré un conjunto de actividades realmente genial (que voy a compartir más tarde).
Pero mientras estaba allí, también me compré este jueguito de boliche de $3,00 porque lo vi muy adorable.
Ayer por la noche, mientras Benny y yo decidíamos qué hacer para nuestro “viernes de cita con mami”, me encontré con una pequeña caja de cartón en la casa y se me ocurrió crear una bolera en miniatura para jugar con Benny.
Benny estuvo involucrado en cada paso del proyecto!
Es una actividad sencilla que a cualquier niño le encantaría, ya que al parecer hay algo mágico que viene con rodar una pequeña pelota de goma y derribar los pinos pequeños ... Benny quería jugar toda la noche !!
Desde el momento en que empezamos a pintar la cajita hasta que jugamos la última ronda, nos pasamos toda una tarde en casa, o mejor dicho, en el boliche disfrutando de risas y emocionantes jugadas!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We use old water bottles and a bouncy ball!!!! The kids looooove bowling at home!