Monday, May 4, 2015

Cinco de Mayo Strawberry Cream'arita!

 

Today on my drive home from work, I started thinking about a delicious strawberry cream liqueur called “Tequila Rose”.   It’s really good and I haven’t had it in quite some time.
When I got home I went to my fridge & pantry and realized I had enough ingredients to make an attempt at trying my own version of Tequila Rose.
My drink turned out pretty delish  (if I do say so myself).
I’m naming it “Strawberry  Cream'arita” to be enjoyed in anticipation of Cinco de Mayo!
I garnished it with a small strawberry and instead of using lime and salt for the rim of the glass, I used honey and rice cereal… so crunchy and suitable for an alcoholic beverage with a milk element.
I think silver tequila is your best option for this beverage. I personally used a bottle purchased in Mexico called “Pedro Infante Tequila”.
You can blend the ingredients for a frozen margarita but I’ve always preferred mine “on the rocks.”


Ingredients (1 serving):
½ cup Fat-Free Milk
1/3 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 tsp Strawberry Syrup
1 oz. Silver Tequila
1 small strawberry for garnish


Instructions:
Pour Milk, Sweetened Condensed Milk and 1 teaspoon of strawberry syrup into a small bowl (I used a measuring cup):


Mix ingredients well until the sweetened condensed milk is completely dissolved


Pour the Tequila into the mixture and mix some more!


Run honey around the rim & outer edge of glass and place over rice cereal. The honey will serve as a type of glue for the crunchy little nuggets to stay in place. The crunchiness of the rice cereal with a sip of the strawberry shortcake margarita is soooo good!



And here is my Cinco de Mayo Strawberry Cream'arita!!



En español

Hoy en camino a casa del trabajo, estuve pensando en un delicioso licor de crema de fresa llamado "Tequila Rose". Es muy rico pero no lo he disfrutado en mucho tiempo.
Así que cuando llegué, me fui a mi nevera y a mi despensa y me di cuenta que tenía suficientes ingredientes para intentar mi propia versión de Tequila Rose.
Mi bebida resultó bastante deliciosa (si se vale decirlo yo misma).
Le puse de nombre la “Margarita Crema-fresita” y vamos a decir que es ideal para disfrutar en anticipación del Cinco de Mayo!
En lugar de utilizar limón y sal para el borde de la copa, utilicé miel y cereal de arroz... algo que se me hizo crujiente y adecuado para una bebida alcohólica que lleva elementos lácteos.
Creo que el tequila blanco es la mejor opción para esta bebida. Yo utilicé una botella de tequila “Pedro Infante” comprada en México.
Se pueden licuar los ingredientes con hielo para una margarita congelada pero yo siempre he preferido mis margaritas "en las rocas".

Ingredientes (para 1 porción):
½ taza de leche
1/3 taza de leche condensada azucarada
1 cucharadita de miel de fresa
1 oz Tequila blanco
1 pequeña fresa para adornar

Instrucciones:
Vierta la leche, Leche Condensada y 1 cucharadita de miel de fresa en un tazón pequeño (yo usé una taza de medir);
Mezclar bien los ingredientes hasta que la leche condensada azucarada esté completamente disuelta
Vierta el tequila y mezcle un poco más!
Frotar miel de colmena alrededor del borde del vaso en el exterior de cristal y coloque sobre plato de cereal de arroz. La miel servirá como un tipo de pegamento para que las pequeñas pepitas crujientes permanezcan en su lugar.
Y aquí está mi “Margarita Crema-fresita” justo a tiempo para el Cinco de Mayo!

No comments: