Sunday, May 15, 2016

Backyard Picnic With My Boys



Sometimes I get surprised by how much joy kids get out of simple home activities. Today I was home alone with my boys and Benny wanted to play in the backyard while I was busy with Toby and trying to figure out a lunchtime meal. 
Instead of trying to convince Benny to stay indoors where I could watch him and be more in control, I quickly made some pasta and hot dogs, went outside and laid out a blanket to prepare a picnic.
I placed Toby in a bassinet and the three of us enjoyed a little time outdoors, although it started getting chilly for Toby about 45 minutes into our backyard escapade.
Still, Benny and I ate our meal, played "pretend" grocery store and had a silly string battle within the hour. Toby giggled and wiggled in his bassinet the entire time.
You should try this at home... Your kids will LOVE it.
Have a great week, friends!



A backyard picnic couldn't be complete without some gummy bears and sour straws!





En español

A veces me sorprende lo mucho que gozan los niños de actividades sencillas en el hogar. Hoy estuve en casa sola con mis niños y Benny me pedía ir a jugar al jardín. Yo estaba ocupada con Toby y en la cocina viendo qué había para hacer de comer. 
Pero en vez de convencer a Benny de estarse quieto y quedarse adentro, preparé una pastita de vegetales, unos hot dogs y tendí una colcha afuera para disfrutar de un agradable picnic. 
Puse a Toby en su cunita mientras que Benny y yo comimos, jugamos al supermercado y tuvimos una batalla de espuma. 
Todavía no completabamos una hora afuera cuando se empezó a poner frío y tuve que meter al bebé.
Sin embargo, Benny disfrutó de lo lindo y pasamos un domingo fabuloso.
Recomiendo que hagan esto con sus niños.
Que tengan una bonita semana, amigos!

No comments: