Tuesday, August 16, 2016

A Tea Party for Boys with Otis Spunkmeyer Treats


Tea parties are so much fun!
The mini sandwiches, the sweets, the tea cups, the doilies... I could go on and on!
I had a tea party baby shower when I was expecting Benny and I've been wanting to throw one for quite some time now but I just hadn't come around to it.... until this past weekend.
I received a shipment of Otis Spunkmeyer goodies for a review on this blog. They included chocolate chunk cookies, blueberry muffins, golden creme cakes, chocolate frosted creme cakes and lemon loaf cakes and I nearly jumped with joy!
I'm not supposed to be too excited about cookies and cakes, especially as I continue on my pre-pregnancy weight loss journey but these goodies were just awesome.


It turns out the California-based cookie company just launched a new line of sweet treats. The new Otis Spunkmeyer retail line promises “No Funky Stuff,” meaning all foods are made without artificial flavors or colors, high fructose corn syrup, or partially hydrogenated oils. Additionally, all snacks are individually wrapped. Yay!


So with all these sweet treats at home, one thing was very clear: I had the perfect excuse to finally throw a tea party for my boys, in our backyard! 



I tried sticking to a black and white theme to make it neutral and/or a little more masculine. I also made sure there was plenty of fruit and tea sandwiches to balance out the Spunkmeyer Sweetness. Somehow though, Benny couldn't get enough of his lemon loaf cake!
Not pictured: my husband Paul devouring plenty of chocolate chip cookies and golden creme cakes!!



Paul and I had a cup of tea but I filled a small tea pot for Benny with warm apple cider and let him pour and drink as he pleased.
(Toby got to practice the art of savoring a cup of tea, without the tea!)



Overall, my tea party for the boys was a total success and it honestly couldn't have been so perfect without the sweet treats from Otis Spunkmeyer. 
I'm almost positive that if you try them, they'll be your cup of tea!

No comments: