Monday, August 8, 2016

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Summer Party!


When I was on maternity leave, I would look at my baby Toby and remember when his older brother Benny was just as tiny.
I  would get feelings of nostalgia thinking about how fast kids grow.
But there's no stopping the clock and my babies will be teens before I know it.
That's why I started thinking of ways to make their childhood even more memorable.
One idea that came to mind was throwing an annual kids play date/summer BBQ where I would invite all their cousins and little friends to enjoy an evening of games, activities, food and goodies, at our house.
Well, Benny & Toby's 1st Annual Summer Play Date was held a few weekends ago and it was quite an experience...







The day was super hot and we don't have a pool so I hired a Bubblist and had a few activities to help kids stay cool like splash ping pong, fishing for guppies, a lemonade stand and my brother-in-law, who was the afternoon's grill master, also installed a cooling mist system in the kids area.
The weather was ridiculously hot but the kids seemed to have a blast running around and finding activities to keep busy. Did I mention it was Mickey-themed?


I learned a few lessons on things I will do differently next year as far as time of day to host the party and the amount of time I need to make it all come together (I waited till the last minute for a lot of details and a few things I envisioned never got done), but overall, we had a great crowd and Benny still talks about his friends and cousins who came to the summer party...yay!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

My kids loved the party! Nikoli said his new favorite friend is Paul =)

Anabel Marquez said...

Nikoli is too much fun!! I loved having them over!!