Saturday, August 20, 2016

White Grape Seed Flour Mini Donuts to Celebrate the 2016 Olympics!




In my August DegustaBox, I once again found a series of goodies that made me get excited!
Particularly, the White Grape Seed Wheat Flour from White Lily seemed interesting because I never knew there was such a thing as Chardonnay Grape Seed Flour.



If you're not familiar with the monthly DegustaBox food subcription service, you can read all about it here.
In August, the box arrived with one of my favorite Honey Bunches of Oats cereal varieties (the one with dried strawberries). There were also Loacker Italian chocolates,  Oregon Chai Tea and a yummy Chipotle flavored Sir Kensignton's Mayonnaise, among other stuff.



But given my intrigue for the White Grape Seed flour and taking into consideration that it's the 2016 Olympics' closing weekend, I decided to make some mini sour cream donuts using the White Lily flour. 
They turned out delicious! And I was able to get Benny's attention as I explained what each Olympic Ring represented.
Again, we probably wouldn't have had these post-dinner donut treats had it not been for my DegustaBox.




To make similar mini donuts you'll need:
  • 1⅓ cups White Lily White Grape Seed All Purpose Flour
  • ⅓ cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ½ cup milk
  • ¼ cup vegetable oil
  • ¼ cup sour cream
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
Instructions:
  1. Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
  1. In separate bowl whisk together remaining ingredients.  Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients. Use a fork blend until smooth.
  1. Use a mini donut maker and fill each cavity with 1 TBSP batter.
  1. Bake about 4 to 5 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
  1. Glaze or coat with colored frosting and sprinkles







And remember, the Degustabox subscription averages $20/month! More details here.
 

No comments: