Sunday, October 9, 2016

DIY Jack Skellington Halloween Wreath


We are obsessing over Tim Burton's The Nightmare before Christmas this Halloween!
I thought about buying Jack Skellington decorations, mostly on Etsy and eBay but I couldn't come to terms with spending $50 - $75 on a Jack Skellington wreath so I went to Michaels Crafts store, spent about $12 on supplies and I made my own!
I showed the step-by-step tutorial on Snapchat, which resulted in several conversations with friends that wanted to know more about how to make this so I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to create a blog post since my Snapchat tutorial is gone forever.

For this project you will need the following supplies:
* 1 Medium-sized twig wreath with branches sticking out (this is appropriate to make the project look whimsy and Tim Burton-esque)
* 1 Foam Ball
* Purple glittery decoration foam balls (you can use any other color but purple is my favorite)
* 2 sheets of felt fabric (1 white, 1 black)
* Glue gun
* Scissors
* Black paint
* Paint brushes
* White-Out correction ink


Instructions:

1. Paint the wreath with black paint and allow to dry thoroughly. I suppose you can use spray paint too but I didn't want to use an aerosol can with two small children nearby.



2. Cut the foam ball in half. Use a marker to draw Jack Skellington face.



3.  Cut the black and white felt fabric into thin strips of equal width. Roll together and glue the ends to make dizzy circles :)



4. With the leftover black felt, cut out a pointy bowtie for Jack and paint lines accross it using White Out


5. Use the glue gun to piece it all together. I was very liberal in the way I glued the purple foam balls and dizzy circles, meaning, there was no rhyme or reason to their placement on the wreath.


"This is halloween, this is halloween, pumpkins scream in the dead of night..."

Have a good holiday weekend, friends!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nikoli: Oh my goodness! I like it, I'm so jelly!

Unknown said...

Absolutely amazing 😍