Friday, January 20, 2017

Pumpkin Spice Pancakes...Roar!

Sharing my favorite items from the January 2017 Degustabox delivery service


When I received my January Degustabox, I knew the year was off to a great start!
The food items included in that box were awesome. My favorite was a box of Hungry Jack Pumpkin Spice Pancake batter.


If you follow my blog, then you know I love making pancakes for my boys. I have so much fun creating shapes and designs and making the overall breakfast experience a tasty and visually appealing experience. So when I saw this Hungry Jack Pancake batter box, I got really excited. You just have to add water and the pancake mix is ready for the griddle!

Since we were heading to the zoo on this particular day, I decided to make use of the batter's brownish/orange color to create two pancakes, a large one and a small one. The idea was to build a lion head with pancakes and berries... a very fun way to talk about the animals we'd be seeing later.
The only ingredients required to make this are:
*Hungry Jack Pancake Mix
*Water
*Berries (strawberries & blackberries)
*Butter
Instructions:  
Grease the griddle with butter, pour the batter into circle shapes.
Slice the fruit and arrange to make a Lion face.




And did I mention the pancakes taste like delicious pumpkin pie slices? The pumpkin spice flavor is so good!
By the way, Degustabox is a monthly food box subscription that costs $20 (including shipping).
I've shared many recipes based on awesome food products delivered inside my Degustabox, including:

July Cantaloupe Drink
August Mini Donuts
September Ratatouille Shrimp
October Harvest Snack
November Chicken Tikka Masala Pizza
December Gingerbread House Vanilla Cake
  
For more information on Degustabox, click here.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: