Sunday, November 6, 2016

Fun Times at Malibu Wines!



I'm probably about the only person in L.A. who hadn't yet enjoyed a day out in the open, surrounded by great people and sipping on a glass of chill Chardonnay at the Malibu Wines Tasting Room off of Mulholland Hwy... Until Saturday when a few of us gathered there for my best friend Sheryl's 36th birthday.


Another glass of wine and I would have probably purchased my very own fresh flower crown for $20 at Malibu Wines.... How adorable is this?

It was such a great outing!
Not only did I love everything about this tasting room: the live music, the antiques for sale, the fish aquarium inside a Conestoga wagon and the yummy wine (they sell Saddlerock and Semler varieties), I did something that was very unusual for a weekend-- I took time off from mommy duty!


Can I just remind all mommies out there with young kids that taking time off to hang with friends is not only a necessity, it's a sanity check?!
I laughed with my best friend, her lovely sisters-in-law and co-workers about such things as ex-boyfriends, home projects, losing weight, engagement memories, fried chicken buckets and yes... I did get into a conversation about the presidential race... but it didn't turn controversial...yay!


At one point, as Sheryl and I were returning to our table from a trip to the dance floor, my mom called. She was watching the boys and wanted to let me know Benny was having an allergic reaction to something, possibly my grandmother's cat. Eeek.
Now, don't get me wrong, I was worried about my little one and quickly wrapped things up to make sure he was ok but at that point I thought about a famous quote in Spanish---  "Lo bailado nadie me lo quita!"
In other words, there will always be something to attend to when it comes to your kids... but you can't undo the fun that was had!! Yesssssss.


Happy Sunday friends... oh and Benny is perfectly fine now!

By the way, Malibu Wines offers wine hikes and safari tours too.

Malibu Wines
31740 Mulholland Hwy
Malibu, CA 90265
818-865-0605


No comments: