Thursday, November 10, 2016

Cuteness & Cultura -- Greeting Cards With Cultural Flair


There's a new bilingual/bicultural greeting card shop that is beyond cute!
It's called Sweet Llamita and you will fall in love... 


Did you know I'm still old fashioned when it comes to writing notes and sending greeting cards through the US Postal Service (as opposed to online)?
It's true.
In my opinion, there's something about the written word that can never be matched by an email or an e-Card, and trust me I've used the latter plenty of times but I love writing and receiving hand written notes!
A few years back, I went on a shopping spree for cards and bought enough to commemorate all occasions for years ahead (sorry friends if you've received the same birthday card from me, several years in a row...). But my stash is finally dwindling and I decided it was time to purchase a few new cards for my collection.

This is my blank note card stash. I love to write notes!


This is how I've organized my greeting cards. Believe it or not, there used to be MANY more than what you see here.

That's when I came across Sweet Llamita.
Their cards are simple yet meaningful because they convey thoughts of the Mexican-upbringing type.
If you grew up in a Mexican home, then you know that no matter how awful the tumble or how painful the fall, as a little kid your mom would always say: "Sana, sana colita de rana si no sanas hoy, sanaras manana"  Translation: "Heal, heal, little froggy butt. If you don't heal today, you'll be fine again tomorrow."
It always made us feel better, if anything because the sing-songy chant distracted from the pain.

Well, Sweet Llamita has a "get well soon" card that reminds us of those good ol' childhood stumbles:


"Chiquita pero picosa" is sort of an interpretation of Shakespeare's famous line from A Midsummer Night's Dream "Though she be but little, she is fierce". A feel good card for your favorite girlfriend:


And if you just wanna be like me and write your lover boy (aka husband) a love note, just because-- there's a card for that too:


These are only a few of many cute and clever cards currently on sale at the Sweet Llamita website.
Check them out:
SWEET LLAMITA

*Not a compensated post.

For other Cuteness & Cultura posts, click here and here and here.

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

cute! feel free to add Nikoli to your mailing list- he loves getting letters in the mail too 😉

Unknown said...

cute! feel free to add Nikoli to your mailing list- he loves getting letters in the mail too 😉

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Really!? Awesome! I'll get your address from Perla :-)