Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Fruit, Wine and Dancing at Mom's 60th Birthday Celebration



I'm certainly going to share a few pictures and memories of my mom's 60th birthday celebration because after all, I happen to be social like that and this is my web log (blog) that is somehow placing me as the family event historian...LOL

My lovely mother Lupita Marquez surrounded by husband, three daughters and two grandsons!

When my mom turned 50 years old, we held a big party for her at a golf course reception hall. Ten years later, we feel our mom is truly aging to perfection-- wiser, sweeter, stronger, a true leader in a subtle way and definitely my father's rock and caretaker of my grandmother Gela.
With the "aged to perfection" idea, my sisters, aunts, uncles and dad joined forces to celebrate her 60th birthday at a posh new winery off of Rice Avenue in Oxnard, CA.


Strey Cellars offers an ample tasting room and a unique event space with wine barrels as the backdrop! The owners, a dynamic husband and wife team were very accommodating to our particular requests.
My aunts and uncles all helped make this party possible both financially and by helping with everything from preparing dinner sides to go along with my dad's catering to cleaning up afterwards.

Cheese and deli trays prepared by our dear aunt and uncle, Ofelia and Arturo Godinez


My sisters decorated the room so beautifully with nothing but fruit! Every place setting had a small bag for guests to fill with fruit as a party favor.
Mariachi Aguilas de Oxnard performed beautifully and overall, it was an unforgettable night celebrating the most wonderful mother I ever did dream of.  Te lo merecias, madre. Esto y mucho mas!

We had a total of six bundt cakes with ten candles each!

Thanks for reading!

No comments: