Saturday, November 15, 2014

Homemade Thanksgiving Tree!


Always is the right time to be thankful.
But with Thanksgiving approaching and all, I decided to create an activity at home that would give us the opportunity to sit down as a family and think of the things we're grateful for, and write them down.
It was a Thanksgiving Tree/plant that I totally improvised with a few materials, including real tree branches with dry leaves from my backyard.
I simply cut a few branches, wrapped them together with pipecleaner wire, placed the bunch inside a pot and pulled out my glitzy and sparkly Fall-colored glitter paper, a few glitter acorns I bought on sale at Hobby Lobby and brown thread.
I traced maple leaves on the back of the glitter paper and cut them out.
Then I tied brown thread around the leaf stems and the glittery acorns.
We wrote our thank you notes and then I hung each item randomly throughout my tree/plant.
Looks like we've got an acorn/maple hybrid!!
I didn't expect this to be so fun but it turned out looking pretty whimsical, which is always a plus in my book!
Now I'm thankful that you checked out my blog today.
Have a great weekend!









En espanol

Siempre hay que estar agradecidos.
Sin embargo, con el día de acción de gracias acercándose, decidí crear una actividad en casa que nos diera la oportunidad de sentarnos en familia, pensar en las cosas por las cuales estamos agradecidos, y anotarlas.
Hice un árbol de Acción de Gracias que fue totalmente improvisado con unos cuantos materiales, incluyendo ramas con todo y hojas secas,  de mi jardín.
Así le hice: simplemente corté algunas ramas, las envolví con alambre, coloqué el montón dentro de una macetita y saqué mi papel de brillo con tonos de otoño y unas cuantas bellotas brillosas que compré en la tienda Hobby Lobby e hilo de color café.
Me puse a calcar hojas de arce en la parte posterior del papel brillo y las corté.
Luego até hilo café alrededor de los tallos de las hojas de papel y de las bellotas brillantes.
Escribimos nuestras notas de agradecimiento y luego colgamos cada elemento de forma esporádica por todo el arbolito.
Parece que el producto resultó en un árbol hibrido de arce y bellotas!!
No esperaba divertirme tanto con esta actividad, pero resultó bastante agradable.
Ahora estoy agradecida de que ustedes hayan visitado mi blog el dia de hoy.
Que tengan buen fin de semana!

No comments: