Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Dole Great Race of Agoura Hills -- one of California's best races {Workout Wednesday}

Bibs were assigned and distributed at the Fitness Expo
I missed the 2014 L.A. Marathon.
After working so hard to increase my miles and endurance last Fall, the holidays slowed me down and big family parties (like my sister's wedding) and other events became an excuse to skip workouts. Eventually, I was so behind on my long runs that I knew I wasn't ready to tackle the marathon...
Still, I contemplated signing up anyway to put myself to the test but the LA Marathon completely sold out weeks ahead of time!
So I decided to stop feeling guilty, had a serious conversation with my husband Paul and created a realistic race calendar for myself.
I now plan on running the Sacramento Marathon in December for my 34th birthday.
That means I get to run several 10ks this spring, then I run several half marathons in late Summer and finally run my marathon and delete it off my bucket list in early Winter.
Because of this new running goal, I signed up for the Dole Great Race of Agoura Hills 10K...it was the first of my self-assigned series of 10K's to prepare for the marathon since I'll be working on speed more than anything else.
This race was fantastic. It's been highlighted as one of California's best races in many web sites and running magazines. It probably gets its reputation due to the great hilly course and the amazing sponsors (swag & goodies) runners get during the post-race party.
I struggled to get done but I kept up in the middle of the pack and now I'm motivated to keep going again.
Happy Running to me ... and to you too :)



I ended up buying new running shoes at the expo for $65 a pair


Start line!

Took me over an hour but I finished without stopping!
 
And the prize...


En español 

Me perdí el Maratón de Los Ángeles 2014.
Después de haber trabajado tan duro el otoño pasado para aumentar la cantidad de millas corridas y mi resistencia, me dejee atrasar por las vacaciones y las fiestas familiares (navidad y la boda de mi hermana ) Estps eventos se convirtieron en una excusa para dejar el entrenamiento. Con el tiempo, me atrasé tanto que sabía que no estaría preparada para enfrentarme al maratón en marzo...
Aun así, contemplé inscribirme para poner mis habilidades a prueba, pero las entradas para el Maratón de Los Ángeles se agotaron completamente varias semanas antes del evento!
Así que decidí dejar de sentirme culpable, tuve una conversación con mi marido Paul y creamos un calendario de carreras realista para mí.
Ahora pienso correr el maratón de Sacramento en diciembre para mi cumpleaños número 34 .
Eso significa que tengo la oportunidad de correr varias carreras de 10 km esta primavera, luego llevaré a cabo varios medios maratones a finales de verano y, finalmente, ejecutaré el maratón y bien lo borraré de mi lista de cosas que hacer antes de morir.
Debido a esta nueva meta de correr, me inscribí al La Gran Carrera de Agoura Hills 10K patrocinada por Dole ... fue la primera de mi serie de auto-asignaciones de carreras de 10K para la preparación del maratón ya que como prioridad, voy a estar trabajando en mi velocidad.
Esta carrera estuvo fantástica. Se ha destacado como una de las mejores carreras de California en muchos sitios web y revistas de corredores. Probablemente la buena reputación se debe al desafiante curso montañoso y a los patrocinadores de comida, golosinas y regalos que le hacen a uno al cruzar la línea de cierre en la fiesta posterior a la carrera .
Luché por terminar pero logré mantenerme en medio del grupo y ahora estoy motivada para seguir corriendo.
Felices carreras a ustedes y a mí también :)

No comments: