Friday, January 10, 2014

Pantone's Color of the Year: Radiant Orchid! {Fashion Friday} bilingual

Isn't it lovely??

Call me silly but when I found out about the Pantone Color of the Year for 2014, I was beyond excited!
But first, let's briefly discuss Pantone.
Pantone is an international company based out of New Jersey that began by creating colored inks and pigments for print. In 1963, with the help of some genius scientists and chemists, the company created its world-renowned "color-matching system", which basically is the main source for color communication around the globe! In other words, everyone from any fashion, any print and any design industry uses Pantone's color-matching system to spot colors and make sure certain colors can be combined with other colors and so forth. Simply stated, Pantone is rainbow amazingness.
Since the early 2000's Pantone has been designating a "color of the year" to pretty much share with the world what the company believes will be THE favorite color expression of the year.
Now, if you recall from a previous blog post, my favorite color in the world is purple...it has a mystic and spiritual meaning and I just find it bedazzling. So much to my colorful joy, I'm very excited to share that Pantone has selected "Radiant Orchid" as the color of 2014!!
Visit the Pantone page and read all about it here: http://www.pantoneview.com/pantone-color-of-the-year-2014
Now it's time to pull all of my old purple clothing items that I've never been able to get rid of because, they're purple...
Here's to many occasions bearing a radiant orchid color in the next 11 months!


I want!

I must have!

I dream!

I'd like to say I was wearing Radiant Orchid back in 2010, when we took this pic

Cinderella's Castle at Disney World displays Radiant Orchid Lightining, if I do say so myself

Good thing I never got rid of this shirt!

En español
Ríanse si gustan pero cuando me enteré del color que seleccionó Pantone para el año 2014, me puse emocionadísima!!
Pero antes de continuar, vamos a elaborar brevemente sobre Pantone.
Fíjense que Pantone es una empresa internacional con sede en Nueva Jersey que se inició mediante la creación de tintas de colores y pigmentos para impresión. En 1963, con la ayuda de algunos genios científicos y químicos, la compañía creó su " sistema de combinación de colores" de renombre mundial, que hoy en día es la fuente principal de la comunicación del color! En otras palabras, todo el mundo de modas, impresión y diseño utilizan el sistema de combinación de colores de Pantone para asegurar que ciertos colores se puedan combinar con otros colores y le vayan bien a los proyectos en desarrollo. En pocas palabras, Pantone es como el arco iris de los cielos nublados por todo el mundo.
Desde principios de los años 2000, Pantone ha designado un "color del año" para compartir con el mundo lo que cree que será la expresión de color preferida del año .
Ahora, si usted recuerda una entrada anterior en mi blog, ya sabe que mi color favorito es el morado... tiene un significado místico y espiritual, y me resulta deslumbrante. Tanto así que mi alegría aumentó cuando me di cuenta que ¡Pantone ha seleccionado el color "Orquídea radiante " para el 2014!
Visite la página de Pantone y lea todo acerca de la selección aquí : http://www.pantoneview.com/pantone-color-of-the-year-2014
Ahora es el momento de sacar todas mis prendas de ropa de color morado que por ser de color morado, nunca fui capaz de deshacerme de ellas.
¡Brindemos por la nueva razón de portar el color orquídea radiante en cuanto festejo sea posible durante los próximos 11 meses!

No comments: