Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Observations during a 10-mile run in Washington DC (Workout Wednesday)

...And let the run begin!

My ten mile run three weeks before my half-marathon was very picturesque.
I took a route up Massachusetts Avenue and ran past embassy row.
The architectural beauty of these buildings is unreal!
I eventually turned around and ran to the National Mall passing by many of the landmark monuments that make this city so unique and historic.
Around mile 7, I started feeling overwhelmed. But I kept going…
It’s great to train for a half-marathon here.
Below are some images I captured from my 10-miler.
Next weekend I’m bumping it up to twelve.



St. Matthew's Cathedral on Massachusetts Avenue

Gorgeous sculpture outside of the Embassy of Indonesia

The exclusive, members-only "Cosmos Club"

Gorgeous fixture outside of the Embassy of Romania

The Embassy of Mexico



Finally by the reflecting pool on my way to the stairs of the Lincoln Memorial

but first, a selfie!

Reached the top and 4 miles to go!
 

En español

Mi corrida de diez millas, tres semanas antes de mi medio maratón fue una llena de paisajes pintorescos.
Tomé una ruta hasta la avenida Massachusetts y corrí por la avenida de las embajadas.
¡La belleza arquitectónica de estos edificios es impresionante!
Finalmente me di la vuelta y corrí hacia el “National Mall” y pasee por muchos de los monumentos emblemáticos que hacen de esta ciudad un lugar tan único e histórico.
Alrededor de 7 millas, me empecé a sentir abrumado. Pero yo seguí adelante...
Es muy bueno para entrenar para una media maratón aquí.
A continuación se presentan algunas imágenes que capturó de mi 10-Miler.

Próximo fin de semana estoy golpearlo hasta 12 millas.





No comments: